On January 12th, the national launch of UU the Vote was kicked-off with a one-hour webinar featuring UU the Vote staff and volunteers, an organizer from the Sunrise Movement, and Unitarian Universalists from Wisconsin, Washington, DC, Arizona and Florida. Over 1,500 UUs from across the country gathered together at 125 watch parties and 870 on-line registrations! The webinar video and accompanying reflection and planning guide, the powerpoint presentations, networking platforms, office hours for getting your questions answered, referenced materials from the webinar, and our next webinar are posted here.
- UU the Vote Webinar Reflection and Planning Guide
- Download a PDF of the powerpoint from the presentation
- Opening song “Tide is Rising” by Rabbi Shoshana Meira Friedman and Yotam Schachter. Rabbi Shoshana has chords for Tide is Rising and video available on her website.
- Download our UU the Vote 2020 Launch Guide to help get your local UU the Vote campaign started. (PDF, 53 pages)
- Join our Feb 6th webinar, Prophetic Not Partisan: Understanding IRS Non-Profit Regulations for your Congregation. Register to participate or be notified when the video is available to stream.
- Join our communities of practice:UU the Vote Facebook Group: You must have a Facebook account to participate. Ask to join at the link above and enter the group to share articles, discuss news, and ask questions and find real-time support as you implement your plan.UUtheVote Slack Channel: Slack is like if your inbox and your text messages had a digital baby. It allows you to organize specific conversations in “channels” such as rural organizing, southern organizing, tools and tech, etc. You can access Slack via your desktop browser and/or download the app onto your computer and phone to receive notifications in real-time. Click on the invitation link at: http://bit.ly/uuslackinvite and follow the prompts to join. Make introducing yourself in the “introduction” channel your first step!Weekly “Office Hours”: Every Tuesday at 8:00pm Eastern // 5:00pm Pacific, a UU the Vote experienced volunteer will host office hours where anyone can call in to ask questions and get support. RSVP to join.*If you are interested in volunteering to host office hours, fill out this form.
- Sign up for UU the Vote e-mail list here or text: VOTELOVE to 51555 to receive news, updates, resources and more.
- The Fund for Unitarian Universalist Social Responsibility is pleased to announce that grants up to $500 are available for your 2020 Get Out The Vote projects.
- Have a bigger UU the Vote related project? Maybe you’re working in partnership with local grassroots organizations; maybe you’re part of a cluster of UU congregations working in your area of the state; maybe you’re trying to fund a mobilization across state lines. Larger amounts of money for UU the Vote related projects (especially those that emphasize partnership and build infrastructure that will last beyond the scope of the project) are available through the Fund for UU Social Responsibility! Application deadline March 15; grants awarded in April.